Re: DECstation fails to compile with iomap patch applied

To: tbm@cyrius.com
Subject: Re: DECstation fails to compile with iomap patch applied
From: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:26:40 +0900 (JST)
Cc: yuasa@hh.iij4u.or.jp, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
>>>>> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 13:45:53 +0000, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
>>>>> said:
tbm> DECstation fails to compile when your iomap patch is applied.  (FWIW,
tbm> DECstations don't have PCI at all, only TurboCHANNEL).

tbm>   CC      arch/mips/lib/iomap.o
tbm> arch/mips/lib/iomap.c: In function ʽpci_iomapʼ:
tbm> arch/mips/lib/iomap.c:66: error: ʽ_CACHE_CACHABLE_COWʼ undeclared (first
use in this function)

Yes, R3000 does not define _CACHE_CACHABLE_COW.  I suppose the line would be

        return __ioremap_mode(start, len, PAGE_CACHABLE_DEFAULT);

or

        return ioremap(start, len);

I doubt we can really use cacheable page for IORESOURCE_CACHEABLE
resource...

---
Atsushi Nemoto