Re: undefined reference to `__lshrdi3' error with GCC 4.0

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: undefined reference to `__lshrdi3' error with GCC 4.0
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 20:38:36 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 2006-01-17 19:08:59 +0000, Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org> wrote:
> There is an awful lot of libgcc bits flying around in the kernel and I guess
> I'd be flamed for submitting even more ;-)  so I tried to come up with
> something to make most if not all unnecessary.  Still needs a little
> polishing but below for testing and commenting.

People will love you for that. I also already added libgcc
functions:-)

> +#ifdef __BIG_ENDIAN
> +struct DWstruct {
> +     Wtype high, low;
> +};
> +#elif defined(__LITTLE_ENDIAN)
> +struct DWstruct {
> +     Wtype low, high;
> +};
> +#else
> +#error I feel sick.
> +#endif

No, you feel PDP11ish. Though you'd put quotes about the warning
message.

I'm all for adding this!

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw@lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O