Re: using the 36bit physical address on AMD AU1200

To: Youngduk Goo <>
Subject: Re: using the 36bit physical address on AMD AU1200
From: Dan Malek <>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 08:04:55 -0500

On Jan 17, 2006, at 2:08 AM, Youngduk Goo wrote:

After setting, I could access DM9000 with the Base address 0xD0000000.
In here, I have some more questions.
1. I set the 1 TLB entry, so others does not affect the address translation. so Whenever I use the 0xD0000000, it always converted to 0xD 0000 0000
   on the bootloader.
   Am I right?

Yes, looks good.

2. On the linux, If I want to use ioremap for Dm9000, Do I need to set the TLB
    and do not need to change the ioremap source code ?

Make sure you have CONFIG_64BIT_PHYS_ADDR configured
and you are using a recent kernel.  No changes to any code and ioremap()
will ensure the TLB is set correctly.  Just use the virtual address
returned from ioremap().

        -- Dan