Re: using the 36bit physical address on AMD AU1200

To: Youngduk Goo <ydgoo9@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: using the 36bit physical address on AMD AU1200
From: Dan Malek <dan@embeddedalley.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:14:57 -0500
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

On Jan 16, 2006, at 10:40 PM, Youngduk Goo wrote:

I guess I need to convert this address to virtual address for access it.

You have to map it, yes.

But I don't know exactly how to do it. Do I need to configure the TBL?
I am using the YAMON as a bootloader. and try to access the DM9000.

You will have to modify the YAMON source code to map TLB entries
for the device.  Take a look at the sys_tlb_write() function along with
ensuring you update the CP0 wired register so they don't disappear.
Also, you will have to check what else may be doing this so you don't
mess up other mappings.

In Linux, all you need to do is call ioremap() and use the virtual
address returned to you.

        -- Dan