Re: why the early_initcall(au1x00_setup) do not work?

To: Ivan Korzakow <>
Subject: Re: why the early_initcall(au1x00_setup) do not work?
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:07:43 +0000
Cc: "P. Christeas" <>,
On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 04:07:25PM +0100, Ivan Korzakow wrote:

> I know that but you miss my point. GIT is a tool to ease work on linux
> kernel, but the way you use it makes harder life of users of your
> tree. For example your tree contains more than 350 000 objects ! That
> makes a lot of git commands running slow...

Linus promised too look into that.  He has too - it's what his tree would
be facing in the not too distant future, otherwise.

> Let's say I'm developing a net drivers on ARM platform. I'm actually
> do not care about ARM development, but I do care about net tree. To do
> that, I just need to clone net tree because I know that ARM should be
> OK with this tree. What about MIPS ?
> I'm just wondering why not asking to Linus to pull from your tree like
> every others maintainers do ?

Like most other developers I create throw-away trees for that purpose, see
the upstream-linus tree.  Due to the way the Linux release process is
working anything else is unrealistic.