Re: QEMU and kernel 2.6.15

To: dan@debian.org
Subject: Re: QEMU and kernel 2.6.15
From: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 00:09:04 +0900 (JST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
>>>>> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:43:56 -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>
>>>>> said:

dan> You've configured the kernel for QEMU, right?  And are usin QEMU
dan> from CVS?

Yes, I configured the kernel with qemu_defconfig.  I tried both QEMU
0.8.0 and tried current CVS today, but got same results.

Here is my instructions:

kernel:
make O=../build-qemu qemu_defconfig
make O=../build-qemu

QEMU:
./configure --target-list=mips-softmmu --disable-gfx-check
make

Then:
mips-softmmu/qemu-system-mips -kernel
/home/git/build-qemu/arch/mips/boot/vmlinux.bin -m 16 -nographic

dan> It worked for me the last time I tried, but that was a couple of
dan> weeks ago.  The port may have gotten broken...

While QEMU 0.8.0 was released on Dec 19 and it seems there was not so
much changes on kernel's arch/mips in last few weeks, we should be
very close ...

---
Atsushi Nemoto