Re: why the early_initcall(au1x00_setup) do not work?

To: "Ivan Korzakow" <>
Subject: Re: why the early_initcall(au1x00_setup) do not work?
From: "Jordan Crouse" <>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:38:13 -0700
Cc: "P. Christeas" <>,
> Have you ever tried what you're talking about or is it a guess ?

I just did that.  I have Linus's tree and tags, and Ralf's tree:

git checkout mips
git diff v2.6.14..HEAD

the nice thing about git is that it was written to do exactly the sort
of things we need it to do, like this.

Linus wrote a HOWTO on that very subject:

> 2 - The way branches are made is broken : you can not fetch separate
> branches without doing some "grafts" things

I'm no git expert, but can't you just

git-pull rsync:// remote:local

That works for me.

Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer
AMD - Personal Connectivity Solutions Group