Re: why the early_initcall(au1x00_setup) do not work?

To: "P. Christeas" <p_christ@hol.gr>
Subject: Re: why the early_initcall(au1x00_setup) do not work?
From: Ivan Korzakow <ivan.korzakow@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:38:55 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
2006/1/10, P. Christeas <p_christ@hol.gr>:
> On Tuesday 10 January 2006 5:40 pm, Ivan Korzakow wrote:

> > > I don't publish such patches - but they're eassy to generate.
> >
> > Could you be a bit more explicit about that "easy" way you generate them ?
> >
> > Ivan
> You make sure you have the two trees and diff them.
> They 're both in git and typically you could do that only using git.

Have you ever tried what you're talking about or is it a guess ?
For example, let's say that there's a bug introduced when merging
Linus tree with mips branch. How do you easily "bisect" in order to do
a binary seek of this bug ?

BTW, I noticed that Linux mips repository have several branches. Each
branch is tracking each kernel minor version. I think this is
completly useless :
1 - it makes the repository huge by keeping history since 2.2 (It's
pointless for most people)
2 - The way branches are made is broken : you can not fetch separate
branches without doing some "grafts" things

Why not simply ask Linus to pull from the mips tree ?

Ivan