Re: [processor frequency]

To: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Subject: Re: [processor frequency]
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 00:01:42 +0100
Cc: Sathesh Babu Edara <satheshbabu.edara@analog.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
In message <43C2DB61.7090704@mips.com> you wrote:

> BTW, I'm puzzled by the "context switch" benchmark test results.  By what
> mechanism - or by what definition of "context switch" - can having more
> frequent interrupts make context switches happen more quickly?  It seems
> to me that those results must be due to a systematic measurement error
> being added/removed.

I have to admit that I don't have a good explanation for this either.
It's what I got with (repeated) measurements.  Cache  (flush)  issues
might  play  a  role  here - but without closer analysis this is just
speculation.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
If you can't beat it or corrupt it, you pretend it was your  idea  in
the first place.                 - Terry Pratchett, _Guards! Guards!_