Re: [processor frequency]

To: "Kevin D. Kissell" <>
Subject: Re: [processor frequency]
From: Wolfgang Denk <>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 00:01:42 +0100
Cc: Sathesh Babu Edara <>,
In message <> you wrote:
> BTW, I'm puzzled by the "context switch" benchmark test results.  By what
> mechanism - or by what definition of "context switch" - can having more
> frequent interrupts make context switches happen more quickly?  It seems
> to me that those results must be due to a systematic measurement error
> being added/removed.

I have to admit that I don't have a good explanation for this either.
It's what I got with (repeated) measurements.  Cache  (flush)  issues
might  play  a  role  here - but without closer analysis this is just

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email:
If you can't beat it or corrupt it, you pretend it was your  idea  in
the first place.                 - Terry Pratchett, _Guards! Guards!_