Re: ALCHEMY: Add SD support to AU1200 MMC/SD driver

To: Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse@amd.com>
Subject: Re: ALCHEMY: Add SD support to AU1200 MMC/SD driver
From: Rodolfo Giometti <giometti@linux.it>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 18:45:05 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 08:53:25AM -0700, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> Well, hopefully everything will Just Work (TM), but you'll want to make
> sure that all the various definitions are enabled for the AU1100.  I'll
> have to give you my standard disclaimer that I haven't compiled this
> for anything but a DB1200 and PB1200, so I can't promise that it will work,
> but there is nothing in the code that says it won't.

I'm just trying to run your driver on a Au1100 based board and I got
some problems...

First of all I needed to disable the DMA support (dma = 0) and using
the FIFO mode, since Au1100 dma support seems not well implemented (or
not implemented at all) and my board freeze.

After that, when I insert a 256MB MMC card I get the attached messages
and the system refuses to power up the card (please, see the last
message who reports the power status).

Have you any suggestions? :)

Thanks in advance,

Rodolfo