To: "Sathesh Babu Edara" <>, <>, <>
Subject: Re:
From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 10:00:48 +0100
There is no "ideal" value for a given processor frequency.
The lower the value, the less interrupt processing overhead,
but the slower the response time to events that are detected
or serviced during clock interrupts. 1000 HZ *may* be a sensible
value (I have my doubts, personally) for 2+ GHz PC processors,
but it's excessive (IMHO) for a 200MHz processor and unworkable
for a 20MHz CPU. I think that 100HZ is still a reasonable value
for an embedded RISC CPU, but the "ideal" value is going to
be a function of the application.

        Kevin K.