Re: sometimes get "crc error" while uncompressed ramdisk

To: linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: sometimes get "crc error" while uncompressed ramdisk
From: zhuzhenhua <zzh.hust@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 09:47:46 +0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
and i find the ramdisk sometimes uncompressed correctly, sometimes not.
if if uncorrect, if often stop at
generic_file_write_nolock -> __grab_cache_page
->add_to_page_cache_unique
->__add_to_page_cache->add_page_to_hash_queue

static void add_page_to_hash_queue(struct page * page, struct page **p)
{
        struct page *next = *p;

        *p = page;
        page->next_hash = next;
        page->pprev_hash = p;
        if (next)
                next->pprev_hash = &page->next_hash;
        if (page->buffers)
                PAGE_BUG(page);
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        atomic_inc(&page_cache_size);
}

it occur oops at
        if (page->buffers)
                PAGE_BUG(page);

i am not sure it may caused by hardware or uncorrect initialized of sdram?
or maybe uncorrect-maked ramdisk can cause this?

thanks for any hints!

Best regards!

Zhuzhenhua