ENDEC ports and MII interface

Subject: ENDEC ports and MII interface
From: kernel coder <>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:24:51 -0800
    I'm trying to write ethernet driver.I need some explaination on
ENDEC port and MII interface.By googling i've come to know that MII is
used for phy communication by modern ethernet cards,but i haven't
found much info on  ENDEC ports.

Actually mine card has option to select ENDEC port or MII interface
for transmit and recieve.

Please tell me  which one should i choose and why.