Re: SGI IP28 Kernels... anyone had any luck lately?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: SGI IP28 Kernels... anyone had any luck lately?
From: peter fuerst <pf@net.alphadv.de>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 18:22:14 +0100 (CET)
Cc: Stuart Longland <redhatter@gentoo.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Hi all,

sorry, obviously forgot to "tar" with the "-h" option.  The kernel patch-set
is now repackaged with README and .config (same location).  I wonder, why no
one noticed their missing since Oct 17...
For exactness' sake: the patches are based on linux-2.6.14-rc2-mipscvs-20050925
Maybe .config will enable compiling, the error-messages seem to point
to a misconfiguration, since the compiler didn't touch any of the patched
files yet.

There's still a problem with the Xserver: often, when starting up the Xserver
first after a cold boot, it likes to hang (in a loop, waiting for "dmabusy"
to settle down, either in the kernel-driver or the Xserver itself, when
re-mmapping the dma-buffer). Usually, after a reset the Xserver works okay.
I couldn't find a solution for this yet, but otherwise (;-) i easily (can) use
the machine for regular work (no more hangs after the Xserver started up once).

kind regards

pf