SGI IP28 Kernels... anyone had any luck lately?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: SGI IP28 Kernels... anyone had any luck lately?
From: Stuart Longland <redhatter@gentoo.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 00:39:40 +1000
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi all,
        I'm not sure what's causing this error, could very well be PEBKAC, but
anyways.

        I've been striking issues getting kernels for my IP28 to compile.  So
far, I've tried both the 2.6.14 and 2.6.14-rc2 tags, the IP28 patches[1]
apply successfully, but the subsequent compile fails with these
messages: http://pastebin.com/455158

        Incidentally, the tarball you download containing the patches,
apparently has a README and .config file included.  Well, there's
symlinks to the files, but it seems the actual files themselves got
missed in the archive.  I used the /proc/config.gz from my currently
running kernel (2.6.12-rc2, also works with 2.6.13.4).

        I was hoping to try out Impact support, in console and X, as well as
HAL2 support (which was b0rked last time I tried it).

        Has anyone had any luck, and if so, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Regards,
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter)              .'''.
Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs Developer  '.'` :

1. http://home.alphastar.de/fuerst/download.html