Re: ALCHEMY: SPI driver for Au1200

To: "Komal Shah" <komal_shah802003@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: ALCHEMY: SPI driver for Au1200
From: "Jordan Crouse" <jordan.crouse@amd.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 08:13:14 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org, ralf@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On 05/12/05 03:42 -0800, Komal Shah wrote:
> --- Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse@amd.com> wrote:
>
> > A SPI driver for the Au1200 processor.  Sending now so it
> > can be queued for the post 2.6.15 rush.
>
> Good. As there is long discussion going on which SPI framework to
> accept in mainline, I would suggest you to implement the same master
> controller and protocol driver using either David Brownell's framework
> (right now in 2.6.15-rc3-mm1) or Dmitry/Wool framework.

Since the issue is very much in doubt, I would prefer to wait until a winner
has emerged before rewriting the driver again.  If the argument resolves
itself before 2.6.16, then all is good.  But if its going to drag out another
6 months, then I would prefer to have this in the mips tree at least, so that
its available to folks who need it.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse