Re : where to set the BEV to normal of status in kernel source?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re : where to set the BEV to normal of status in kernel source?
From: Florian DELIZY <florian.delizy@sagem.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 14:42:28 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

> i don't find it in load_mmu(), who can point out for me?
> thanks!

Well, if you are speaking about the BEV flag from the Status (SR) register (CP0_STATUS aka $12 of the 1st coprocessor)
then it controls the interruption/exception handler place, I don't see the relation with mmu ...

> is that must be set in bootloader?

OK, I see, it should be set to 0 by the boot loader so that the TLB exceptions (related to the MMU) goes in RAM. So

the kernel does not change it actually and hope the boot loader did.

-- Florian Delizy