RE: DbAu1550 copy file corruption

To: "Sergei Shtylylov" <sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>, <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: RE: DbAu1550 copy file corruption
From: "David Sanchez" <david.sanchez@lexbox.fr>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 14:10:12 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

As all my pci sata controllers operate up to 66Mhz, I add a divider to the pci
clock in the board_setup.c of the au1550 to obtain 32 Mhz pci clock. But the
problem still appear... (More the bus is slow, less the problem appear: maybe
because it is a timing issue ?)

I try the HPT371B (which works for us). I try several PCI sata controllers
(Promise PDC20779, PDC 20579, SiliconImage Sil3112, etc...). More I try the
drivers provided by Promise instead of the libata. But the problem still
appear...

Sergei, is the PCI clock frequency issue only for the HPT371N or even for PCI
sata controller ? Do you mean that all the users of the dbau1550 needs to set
the PCI clock to 32Mhz?
Have you try my script on your board?

Thanks.

David