RE: Saving arguments on the stack

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: RE: Saving arguments on the stack
From: "Knittel, Brian" <Brian.Knittel@powertv.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:24:09 -0800
Cc: "Dominic Sweetman" <dom@mips.com>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
We'd like to add arguments to the backtrace in Oops messages to make debugging
from these reports more efficient. It is particularly useful for determining
where the problem was generated, particularly when bad pointers are passed in.
This is for production embedded devices with optimized code and which reboot
immediately after storing or sending the Oops message. Performance is an issue,
but the overhead of storing the arguments on the stack is likely worth the
added debug info.

Thanks,
--Brian