Re: Saving arguments on the stack

To: "Kevin D. Kissell" <>
Subject: Re: Saving arguments on the stack
From: Nigel Stephens <>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:21:13 +0000
Cc: "Knittel, Brian" <>,

Kevin D. Kissell wrote:

Knittel, Brian wrote:

I'd like to force the compiler to store arguments on the stack with otherwise optimized code.

I found a refernce in the archives (form 2001) for using -0 (no optimization). Has anyone found another way to do this?

If I recall correctly, if you specify -g to enable debugger support,
the subroutine prologues store the arguments into their stack slots,
even if a higher level of optimization is otherwise specified.

'Fraid not: the -g option only adds debug info to the object file, it shouldn't alter the generated code. Using -O0 will certainly store everything on the stack, but it also won't be "with otherwise optimized code".