mips iomap.c (Was: Re: MIPS - 64bit woes)

To: ralf@linux-mips.org
Subject: mips iomap.c (Was: Re: MIPS - 64bit woes)
From: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 02:36:41 +0900 (JST)
Cc: maillist@jg555.com, kumba@gentoo.org, linux-mips@linux-mips.org, pdh@colonel-panic.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
>>>>> On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:29:48 +0000, Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
>>>>> said:

ralf> No.  It's broken for machines with multiple PCI busses and I've
ralf> explicitly rejected the patch which is in kernel.org before.

Could you explain a bit _how_ broken current kernel.org's
arch/mips/lib/iomap.c ?  Is it a single mips_io_port_base issue?

I suppose it works as well as traditional way (request_region +
in[bwl] for IO resource, request_mem_region + iomap + read[bwl] for
MEM resource).

I think it is better than generic iomap.c (except that
ioremap_cacheable_cow which is not available for R3000 is used).

---
Atsushi Nemoto