Calibrating delay loop... crashes

Subject: Calibrating delay loop... crashes
From: Nguyen Thanh Binh <>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 01:36:34 +0000 (GMT)
Hello all,

When booting Monta Vista Linux on Memec board
(Virtex-4 FX12 LC), it crashed after printing the
following message:

    "Calibrating delay loop..."

By looking at the source code, I found that in the
init/main.c the problem came from the calibrate_delay
function: jiffies was not incremented (jiffies was
always equal to 0).

Have anyone get the similar problem or any experience
to fix it?

Thank you.

Binh Nguyen

Security Centre.