Re: MIPS - 64bit woes

To: ralf@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: MIPS - 64bit woes
From: Jim Gifford <maillist@jg555.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 00:51:06 -0800
Cc: Linux MIPS List <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Here is what I did to track down the errors.

I created a diff between the last working kernel 2.6.12 and the current kernel. Started with cpu-probe.c, that to me seemed the logical choice.

After patching the rest of files needed to support the patch in cpu-probe.c, I was finally able to produce a kernel under 2.6.12 with the same problem.

The files that I ported from 2.6.14 to 2.6.12 are the following
cpu-probe.c
cpu.h
mipsregs.h
cache.c
cpu-features.h

Here is a link to the patches I used http://ftp.jg555.com/errors

Looking at mipsregs.h, something doesn't look right for a 64 bit system. But I'm not the expert.

Here are my findings, I hope someone out there has an idea.

--
----
Jim Gifford