Re: MIPS - 64bit woes

To: Linux MIPS List <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: MIPS - 64bit woes
From: Kumba <kumba@gentoo.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 19:51:21 -0500
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

 It must be platform-specific -- I haven't checked 2.6.14, but 64-bit
2.6.13 is good enough to boot into multi-user with the SWARM.

2.6.13.4 works on all systems I can test (O2, Octane, Origin*, Indy, I2 Impact), but for me, it appears 2.6.14 dies very early in kernel initialization on both Octane and Origin. I have yet to try another, like O2, but I'm going to do that shortly in the hopes O2 may initialize an output device and give me an idea of what's going on.

* 2.6.13.4 Works on Origin, but can't allocate PCI resources for the scsi properly. 2.6.12.5 is what works best for this system.

--Kumba

--
Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond