Booting with NFS fails

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Booting with NFS fails
From: Nguyen Thanh Binh <n_tbinh@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 07:13:03 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: mlachwani@mvista.com
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello all,

I have installed Red Hat Enterprise 3 on the host
(x86) and MontaVista Linux (previewkit) on the target
(memec virtex-4 Fx12 LC board). When booting the
target using NFS from the host, the following error
appeared:

   eth0: Link carrier lost.
   eth0: Could not read PHY control register; error
1003
   eth0: Terminating link monitoring.

It is very strange, because ethernet does not work as
the error shows but I can ping the target from the
host with the IP got with DHCP.

Your help or experience would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Nguyen Binh