Linux-2.6.12 code base for linux-mips

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Linux-2.6.12 code base for linux-mips
From: "Sathesh Babu Edara" <satheshbabu.edara@analog.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 21:06:16 +0530
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Hi,
 - I would like to know the code base for  linux-2.6.12 (linux_2_6_12 tag)
in the CVS repository is same as the one in the git repository
archive(linux-2.6.12).

 - I am new to GIT.In order   to checkout linux-2.6.12 tag from git
repository I followed the  commands given in the
http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Git web site

- It is hanging while cloning the repository using the below command
    # git clone rsync://ftp.linux-mips.org/git/linux.git linux.git
- Then i used http:// instead of rsync:// in the above command and it is
working fine.

In the "Status of CVS to GIT conversion " section, there is no information
on linux-2.6.12 tag/branch.If I want to checkout linux-2.6.12 tag from GIT
repository what command  I should use after cloning the git repository.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sathesh