Re: missing /dev/tty0

To: Louis Lai <louis.lai@entone.com>
Subject: Re: missing /dev/tty0
From: Yoann Allain <yallain@avilinks.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:23:29 +0200
Cc: linuxconsole-dev@lists.sourceforge.net, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
$

You wrote about virtual consoles: in this case you should have CONFIG_VT=y in .config file. Or at least you should something like this at the output of
$ grep CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE /where-your-kernel-sources-are/.config
CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE=y
$

But be aware of:
 "If you don't have a VGA card installed and you say Y here, the
  kernel will automatically use the first serial line, /dev/ttyS0, as
  system console."

This is from HELP command in menuconfig...

I'll hope this will help...

   Yoann

Louis Lai a écrit :

Hi Yoann,

Thanks for your reply!!
i can create the device file but i still not able to open it.
When i open /dev/tty0, i got "No such device".
Any ideas??

Thanks again,
Louis