Re: Where is op_model_mipsxx.c ?

To: Matej Kupljen <matej.kupljen@ultra.si>
Subject: Re: Where is op_model_mipsxx.c ?
From: David Daney <ddaney@avtrex.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:01:31 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Matej Kupljen wrote:
Hi

I've got oprofile support for MIPS32 / MIPS64 style counters in the queue.
It still needs some debugging to become actually useful but anyway, I'm
going to check those patches into git in a few minutes.

Can these be used on the AMD AU1200 core?
(I don't see Register 25 on Coprocessor 0)

If OProfile cannot be used, what can I use to profile the kernel?

If there are no performance counters, OProfile can still use the system timer to take samples each clock tick. This is the way I am using it.

To use it in this manner you have to hack up the code a bit so that the return value of oprofile_arch_init() (in oprofile/common.c) is -ENODEV.

David Daney.