Problem in "copy_to_user"

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Problem in "copy_to_user"
From: kernel coder <lhrkernelcoder@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 23:12:45 -0700
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
hi,
   i'm trying to run oprofile on 2.6 kernel running on mips board.But
when oprofile makes a system call to "sys_lookup_dcookie" function to
find the file path of a particular sample,the function "copy_to_user"
fails and no byte of path is copied to user sapce.

I checked all combinations for source buffer like using array instead
of pointer but no success.
Please suggest me what might be the cause of failure.

regards,
kernelcoder