Re: au1x00 usb device status

To: "Hamilton, Ian" <>
Subject: Re: au1x00 usb device status
From: Dan Malek <>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:16:36 -0400
Cc: '' MIPS <>

On Oct 21, 2005, at 10:01 AM, Hamilton, Ian wrote:

......  so I guess a tty/raw emulation
would be appropriate,

That's all that was available in 2.4.  I'd say if you actually
see it working, you are lucky :-)  The only way I have seen
this work successfully in a real product was using a
custom RTLinux driver to service most of the USB hardware,
then feed this upstream to the Linux USB software.

I was hoping it would be a straight copy from 2.4 to 2.6, but clearly it
isn't :-(

You will want to use the gadget interface.  I think most of what
we had done in the past has been checked in, but if not I'll
dig it out.  It was never functional to my satisfaction.

        -- Dan