Re: [Slightly-OT] VR4110 core

To: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Subject: Re: [Slightly-OT] VR4110 core
From: Chris Boot <bootc@bootc.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:16:49 +0100
Cc: Linux/MIPS Development <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Chris Boot wrote:

I'm in my final year doing a BSc Computing Science degree in the UK, and for
my project/dissertation I've chosen to attempt to get Linux to run on an old
Sky Digibox (PACE 2500N) set-top-box. So far my research has revealed the CPU
has is a NEC VR4110 core with lots of MPEG and graphics processing stuff

         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

tacked on. The board itself is quite interesting, with a PC-Card slot, audio
out, 2x SCART, RF-out, modem, and serial connection.

Do you know which SoC is actually used? Perhaps a NEC EMMA or EMMA2?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

Hi Geert,

Hmm, glancing at the "Product Letter" I have, it does mention "Enhanced Multi-Media Architecture" so I'm guessing its an EMMA SoC indeed.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Boot