Re: Patch: ATI Xilleon port 11/11 default config for xilleon STW 5X226.

To: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Subject: Re: Patch: ATI Xilleon port 11/11 default config for xilleon STW 5X226.
From: David Daney <ddaney@avtrex.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:18:26 -0700
Cc: Linux/MIPS Development <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, David Daney wrote:

+#
+# Graphics support
+#
+# CONFIG_FB is not set

Ooh, no frame buffer device? ;-)

Sorry. At one time I think a frame buffer device may have existed for the Xilleon, but I have never built or used it.

I should note that the support I posted to the list does not contain any of the media drivers for the Xilleon. It can decode and display 2 simultaneous HD MPEG streams and quite a bit of other things as well. However the media drivers are only available from ATI under NDA.

The Xilleon is used in products like the Roku Photobridge (with which I have no affiliation) which is somewhat hackable:

http://rokulabs.com/products/photobridge/index.php

It is also used in many HD televisions and PVR type products produced by many name brand CE vendors.

David Daney