Malta on Linux 2.6.14_rc1

Subject: Malta on Linux 2.6.14_rc1
From: hmc0116 <>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:33:23 +0800 (CST)
Dear All,

I try to compile kernel 2.5.14 for Malta board. (It
includes a 4Kc CPU). I find that when I enable PCI,
and it will crash.
I serach from linux-mips and find that

A long standing bug in the kernel's memcpy is
prefetching beyond the source and destination areas.
That's usually harmless unless the prefetched
addresses are outside of any RAM area. In this case
the Malta board will signal a bus error exception
which will result in a kernel crash. The issue was
being discussed
on the linux-mips mailing list. The workaround is to
disable the use of prefetch instructions by disabling
the CONFIG_HAS_PREFETCH instruction or alternativly
making sure the last page of each memory area isn't
being used. Other boards are likely to be affected

I disable CONFIG_CPU_HAS_PREFETCH . But I can not
I check th EPC. The boot fails in mips_pci_init.
What should I do to boot malta with PCI suppirt ???