Re: power management on mips

To: Ivan Korzakow <ivan.korzakow@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: power management on mips
From: sjhill@realitydiluted.com
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:50:59 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
> Does anyone knows what power management features are there for mips ?
> I know for example that ACPI have been porting to arm. Anything
> equivalent for mips ? Is it possible to do some power management under
> Linux if ACPI or APM is not ported to mips ? And if yes, what would be
> the work to do ?

I have a sudden urge to vomit all over you, maybe because you said
ACPI and MIPS in the same sentence. ACPI is pretty x86-centric. I
doubt it will ever make its way into MIPS. Dan Malek or others may
have comments on various PM schemes used in MIPS. I am surprised
that ARM adopted it, but there's a reason I no longer do ARM kernel
development. ACPI is also a lot of code adding size to your kernel
as well as additional applications. Not really great if your are
doing an embedded system.

-Steve