sti() freezes the kernel

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: sti() freezes the kernel
From: Yoann Allain <yallain@avilinks.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:48:46 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi all,

I'm actually trying to start a 2.4 kernel on our new card.
The kernel freezes when enabling interrupts with sti() in start_kernel() (just before calculating BogoMips...). This looks like an interrupts is up when enabling so that it stops the MIPS and freezes the kernel. I'm looking after this interrupt but I would like to know if there could be any others reasons for my kernel to freeze when doing a call to sti();

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions...

@+ Yoann