Re: I2-R10k patchset - help needed

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: I2-R10k patchset - help needed
From: Kumba <kumba@gentoo.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 14:51:31 -0400
Cc: Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Karsten Merker wrote:
Hallo everybody,

I am trying to get the current git tree running on an I2 R10k, so
I applied Peter Fürsts patches from

http://home.alphastar.de/fuerst/download.html
to it. As these are against 2.6.12-rc2, I got a bunch of rejects,
which I have resolved manually, but I am stuck with the patch for
include/asm-mips/stackframe.h.

I would be very grateful if somebody could take a look into this
and provide an updated patch against the current kernel sources.
Attached to this mail is both my version of Peter Fürsts
"collected.diff" (applies cleanly against current git but without
the stackframe.h-patch) as well as the original stackframe.h
patch.

It took me a few mins staring at the stackframe.h patch to determine that the bits Peter was trying to apply were already present in a similar, but different form. Or atleast enough of it is to resolve whatever problem his patch attempts to correct, so I've omitted it in my runs.

Attached is the patch used in gentoo's mips-sources, which applies to 2.6.13.4 (untested against 2.6.14-*) with some minor offsets. Testing on 2.6.14 shouldn't be difficult, especially since the stackframe.h isn't needed anymore.

--Kumba

--
Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond