about au_sleep for au1x00

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: about au_sleep for au1x00
From: Rodolfo Giometti <giometti@linux.it>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:16:40 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello,

attached is my proposal for a new (and better? :) implementation of
au_sleep() function (patch is against vanilla MIPS 2.6.12).

My patch adds two board specific functions whose are called before and
after CPU sleeping. This can be useful to setup hardware for sleeping
and also to ask to the board which should be the wake up reason (GPIO,
TOY).

Patch also fixes data reading from files /proc/sys/pm/{sleep,freq}.

What is still obscure to me is how I can use the au_sleep() in order
to ibernate the system... or better... how I can resume form
ibarnation. In fact the system reboots correctly but it start from the
beginning! What I have to do in order to have the system restart from
ibarnation? My boot loader is u-boot 1.1.3.

Thanks in advance,

Rodolfo

--

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti@linux.it