Re: rfc about an uncommented string

To: Carlo Perassi <carlo@linux.it>
Subject: Re: rfc about an uncommented string
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:11:49 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 03:41:06PM +0200, Carlo Perassi wrote:

> Hi.
> As suggested (*) by Arthur Othieno on the kernel-janitors mailing list,
> I bounce here this email for collecting comments.
> The old email refers to 2.6.13-rc6 but the code is still the same on
> 2.6.14-rc3.
> Thank you.
>
> Hi.
>
> I'd like to collect some comments about the following code
> segment I found in
> linux-2.6.13-rc6/arch/mips/ite-boards/generic/it8172_setup.c
> (the "^^^" sequence is not mine, it's in the code)

I know, I put it there.  The code was obviously broken, so I place this
hard to miss not right into the middle of it.  It's there since ages and
nobody did complain.  So unless somebody complains - and that complaint
better include some patches - I will delete support for the IT8172 and
it's eval board.