Re: Cross-compiling Linux problem

To: "Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh" <>
Subject: Re: Cross-compiling Linux problem
From: David Daney <>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 16:15:19 -0700
Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
CVS is not where development happens, but it is still updated, according to Ralf.

Perhaps, but the reason I mentioned this is that I saw this warning:

arch/mips/mm/tlbex.c:516:5: warning: "CONFIG_64BIT" is not defined

Which is fixed in the git repository, but not CVS

David Daney

David Daney wrote:

Kyle Unice wrote:

I am using gcc-3.4.4 and the cvs checkout of tree.

Not withstanding Maciej's comment about the real problem being the broken header file, I give you a quote from : "At this time only the linux.git repository is in production use.... all other archives are only historical."

You might consider getting your code from the git repository as the CVS repository is no longer being maintained.

David Daney