Re: Bug in the syscall tracing code

To: "Gleb O. Raiko" <>
Subject: Re: Bug in the syscall tracing code
From: David Daney <>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 08:26:09 -0700
Gleb O. Raiko wrote:
David Daney wrote:

That is the conclusion I came to in:

Saving in the PT_SCRATCH area (pad0 in C) was a solution for 2.4. Unfortunately, syscall arguments are stored there (and that's why pad0 exists in pt_regs after all). So, using PT_SCRATCH as a temporary storage for t2 will break tracing syscalls with more than 4 args for o32 ABI.

I know. I meant for you to look at the very end of the message (The part where I said to store it in the slots for k0 or k1).

David Daney.