Re: PREEMPT

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: PREEMPT
From: Greg Weeks <greg.weeks@timesys.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 14:52:22 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org, "Cooper, John" <john.cooper@timesys.com>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Ralf Baechle wrote:

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 02:36:25PM -0400, Greg Weeks wrote:

Does anyone know of any current problems with CONFIG_PREEMPT on a 4kc malta board? We're seeing some oddness in the floating point emulator with PREEMPT_RT and wondered if it was in our RT code, or if it's from the base kernel code.

No known problem in current problems in that area.

I'd remembered some problems ages ago, but had thought they'd been fixed. John was just picking my brain about it so I thought I'd ask to be sure.

Greg W