Re: Compiling a kernel for ibm z50

To: oski <oski2001@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Compiling a kernel for ibm z50
From: Stuart Longland <redhatter@gentoo.org>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 12:55:17 +1000
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
oski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I realised something was not OK when trying to make zImage or make stripped
> i gor the warning that not rule were available. I need an small kernel able
> to boot from the msdos partition of my microdrive using hpcboot. A big
> kernel will be a waste of space in the microdrive.
>
> Anyway after make clean I can not find vmlinux anywhere, I was expecting it
> to be in arch/mips/boot but nothing there. Any ideas?
>
> many thanks
>
> oski

Look in the linux/ directory, not the linux/arch/mips/boot/ directory. :-)
You know -- the one you ran `make vmlinux` in. ;-)

The latter directory is an x86-ism -- we don't do things that way on
MIPS. :-)
--
 ____                   _             Stuart Longland (a.k.a Redhatter)
/  _ \   ___    ___  __| |__  __   __ Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs