Re: Problem in detecting RAM size by bootloader

To: Arravind babu <aravindforl@yahoo.co.in>
Subject: Re: Problem in detecting RAM size by bootloader
From: David Daney <ddaney@avtrex.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 08:43:41 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Arravind babu wrote:
Hi all,

         We are using PMON bootloader on MIPS based
board.Earlier we have 64MB of RAM.Now we upgraded to
128MB RAM.But bootloader is not detecting as 128MB.It
is giving 64MB only.Where i have to look to resolve
this issue?

I would look at the boot monitor source code. On some systems (Xilleon for example) the memory configuration is hardcoded. In this case, if you change the physical memory configuration, you have to make a corresponding change to the boot monitor.

David Daney