Re: linux-mips Vs kernel.org

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: linux-mips Vs kernel.org
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:12:31 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 2005-09-27 09:52:01 +0200, Florian DELIZY <florian.delizy@sagem.com>
wrote:
> We currently working with the 2.6.12 kernel, and wondering which from
> linux-mips or kernel.org version we should use,
> in a more general manner, what are the differences between linux-mips and
> kernel.org kernel source code, is one the
> mirror of the other, or is there one that frequently merge with the other

Use the linux-mips.org tree to do any work.

To find out about the differences, just download a kernel.org kernel
and run a 'diff -Nurp' against what you find on linux-mips.org.

Up to now, merges happened every now-and-then, but not on a very
regular basis. However, there's hope for more timely merges since Ralf
is on the way to move the souce base over to GIT, which should ease
further merges...

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw@lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O