Re: linux-mips Vs

Subject: Re: linux-mips Vs
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:12:31 +0200
On Tue, 2005-09-27 09:52:01 +0200, Florian DELIZY <>
> We currently working with the 2.6.12 kernel, and wondering which from
> linux-mips or version we should use,
> in a more general manner, what are the differences between linux-mips and
> kernel source code, is one the
> mirror of the other, or is there one that frequently merge with the other

Use the tree to do any work.

To find out about the differences, just download a kernel
and run a 'diff -Nurp' against what you find on

Up to now, merges happened every now-and-then, but not on a very
regular basis. However, there's hope for more timely merges since Ralf
is on the way to move the souce base over to GIT, which should ease
further merges...

Jan-Benedict Glaw    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O
 für einen Freien Staat voll Freier Bürger"  | im Internet! |   im Irak!   O O O