newbie question

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: newbie question
From: phess.linux@streber24.de
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:43:19 +0200 (MEST)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi there!

First I have to say that I'm a newbie without any experience with "linux
kernel". So don't blame me ;-)

I downloaded toolchains from MIPS Technologies.
I downloaded the newest version Linux 2.6.14-rc1 via CVS.

I installed the toolchain and tested some examples like "hello world" and
"minicom". They worked fine. I copied the linux kernel into a new folder of
the toolchain example directory. Then I tried to make (with command sde-make
menuconfig and then sde-make SBD=GSIM32L) the linux kernel. But all I get
are the following five lines:

  CHK     include/linux/version.h
  CC      arch/mips/kernel/asm-offsets.s
gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations
sde-make[1]: *** [arch/mips/kernel/asm-offsets.s] Error 1
sde-make: *** [prepare0] Error 2

Now I need some help. Thx!