Building the kernel for a Broadcom SB1

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Building the kernel for a Broadcom SB1
From: Jonathan Day <imipak@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:59:04 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

I'm having a few issues building the current
2.6.14-rc1 for a Broadcom SB1 MIPS64 processor. (No
huge surprise there, building anything for that
processor is a pain.)

Anyway, there are a few symbols undefined, which is
causing problems. First off the bat is TO_PHYS_MASK.
There is no set of definitions in
include/asm-mips/addrspace.h for the SB1 processor.
(For that matter, there's no set of definitions for
the MIPS64_R2, so I'm guessing those using _R2 chips
probably have the same problem.)

For the time-being, I've simply grouped the SB1 with
the MIPS64_R1 as the SiByte documentation is rather
limited on what the SB1 actually is.

Next off, if you enable processor threading, it looks
for IRQ_PER_CPU. A grep reveals that this needs
ARCH_HAS_IRQ_PER_CPU defined in the architecture's
irq.h file, but that no such definition exists for any
MIPS processor.

A Google shows that the processor threading was
recently added in (or back in, or something). Is the
change to irq.h not present for a reason (eg:
something is broken, so the code shouldn't be used
anyway), something that should have been checked out
but wasn't (ie: my computer has turned traitor) or got
forgotten somewhere else in the chain?

For the time-being, I've simply added a #define for it
in the include/asm-mips/irq.h file, but it would be
good to know what the "correct" solution was.

Any help would be much appreciated.