Re: Git

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: Git
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:20:38 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 03:31:26PM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-09-13 13:45:44 +0100, Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org> wrote:
> > As a heads up, I've started playing with GIT as the replacement of CVS.
> > For information on the status of that conversion please see
> >
> >   http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Git
>
> Which docs did you use to get yourself started?

The tutorial.txt that comes with git is ok I guess; cvs-migration.txt is
helpful for CVS [1] experienced users.  And of course, my favorite search
engine.

> I'm also on the way
> getting familiar with GIT, doing my very first steps. It would be nice
> if we'd present what we know in Oldenburg (I already offered to do so,
> Joey planed it for Saturday).

Sounds like a plan.  And maybe present some of the other alternatives
to CVS as well?

  Ralf

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_Vomiting_Syndrome