Re: Git

To: sjhill@realitydiluted.com
Subject: Re: Git
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:34:36 +0200
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 2005-09-13 07:15:03 -0500, sjhill@realitydiluted.com
<sjhill@realitydiluted.com> wrote:
> > As a heads up, I've started playing with GIT as the replacement of CVS.
> > For information on the status of that conversion please see
> >
> I assume the reason for choosing GIT was because the main line kernel
> uses the same source management tool. No chance of using Subversion I
> guess.

Is SVN already distributed? In the past, the non-distributed reality
of CVS is what bought me a lot of trouble. And SVN isn't really
designed for distribution, is it?

I for one see SVN as a CVS rewrite with some design flaws fixed, but
it's for sure not what I actually want to use.

So I'm currently learning to use GIT. It's a bit strange when you
start using it (because usually I interact with git itself as well as
with eg. cogito), but I slowly get used to it :-)

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw@lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O