Re: deletion of boards

To: Pete Popov <ppopov@embeddedalley.com>
Subject: Re: deletion of boards
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:24:40 +0100
Cc: "'linux-mips@linux-mips.org'" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 06:30:34PM -0700, Pete Popov wrote:

> The AMD Pb1000, Pb1100, Pb1500, and Hydrogen3 boards are not up to date
> in 2.6 and seem to be of very little interest to anyone. Any objections
> if I remove them to reduce the clutter?

The inflation of evaluation boards is generally some sort of problem; in
many cases they are on the market only for a very short time before they're
replaced - we're talking about a time frame of like 6 months or so.  That
means the time that a Linux port is actually of interest if often just
as short.  Which means, we have quite a few candidates for deletion.