Re: MIPS SF toolchain

To: David Daney <>
Subject: Re: MIPS SF toolchain
From: Matej Kupljen <>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 08:48:22 +0200

> > Can I just #ifdef this code if compiled for sf?
> >
> I do have some patches for glibc to get rid of these in a soft float
> build.

Can I see these patches, please?
(What is the #define for the FP?)

> However as Ralf Baechle said in the other message, the kernel FP
> emulator works and is not that large of an overhead.

I also removed the FP Emulator in the kernel, just to be sure that
no SF ins are executed (I can send the patch to the list, but I know
there has already been discussion about this).

IMHO, if we say that we have a SF toolchain then there MUST NOT
BE any SF ins, otherwise we have a "semi soft float" toolchain.
Don't you agree?